Who we are
Our website address is: https://tonichealth.co.nz
Updated December 2023
Thank you for visiting the tonichealth.co.nz website.
Every day people visit our websites, engage with our social media channels and purchase
products and services from us. We want to help you understand the data that we collect from
you and how we use it, and how you can control this information.
Your privacy is important to us. Tonic Health Stores is a group of locally-operated retail stores
for natural health care products and services, owned and operated in New Zealand.
Whenever Tonic Health collects and uses personal information from you, we comply with New
collect, and how we use that information, who we share it with, and how we protect that
information. It includes sections on:
- privacy law in New Zealand;
- the data we collect and how we use it;
- how our business relies on data;
- how we deal with personal information.
By continuing to use this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described
in this policy.
Some key things to know
- subscribe to email newsletters and web forms;
- Visit tonichealth.co.nz;
- Follow our social media channels;
- where you are a participant of an event;
2. We aim to explain the rights and choices you have in relation to personal information that we
collect and process about you.
3. Information you post on our website will be publicly available for use by us and any third party
using our services.
information about how you can manage your device and browser preferences, and opt-out of
certain types of tracking.
Privacy Law in New Zealand
Our data practices are subject to the New Zealand Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy
Act 2020 (the Privacy Act).
What data do we collect and how we use the data collected?
Data provided by you
We may collect, store and process data, including personal information provided by you when accessing or using our websites, social media channels and services, such as information collected from you: personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you register to use our services, when you purchase a product or service from us, when you are a participant at an event or promotion managed by us, or customer surveys.
- We use your personal information to allow us to provide the services you ask us for.
- We will only share your information with other companies if it is necessary to provide our service to you (for example, to deliver products we will need to share your address with a postal service). We share the minimum amount of information for the relevant purpose. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you.
- We do not sell, provide, or allow your Information to be viewed by any person not engaged or employed by us without your prior consent.
- We will only send you information about our own products and services and those of group companies and selected partners if you have given us permission to. If you choose not to receive this information, you may miss out on specials, and offers.
Data created by using our services
We may collect, store and process data when you are using our websites, apps and services,
- Device and location information: we may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites and mobile applications (including your IP address, your location, your operating system, your browser, your device language, the URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and other usage information), aggregated data. More information is detailed in our Cookies Policy;
- Usage information: anonymous information collected through cookies and other tracking software. More information is detailed in our Cookies Policy.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a piece of data that a website places on your browser when you visit the website. A
cookie can store a range of information.
following information however not limited to:
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programs use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell
us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling
images” in an email.
perform certain functions, including site traffic analytics, and security and fraud prevention.
Cookies may also recognise you and offer you content and advertising tailored to your
preferences and interests. Cookies do not compromise the security of a website.
We use various technologies to collect this information, including cookies and web beacons,
and when we say “cookies” we mean all of these technologies. Note that disabling some cookie
categories may impact your experience of our site.
|All Cookies are leveraged to provide site functionality,
analytics and advertising and profiling to ensure you get
the best experience possible
Below is the list of third-party-service providers we use who can leave cookies to be able to
work for their intended purposes. Should you have any queries regarding cookies used by them
Providing you with goods and services
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways, mainly when you buy goods or services and from the way you use our website.
This personal information may include your name, date of birth, delivery and billing address, email address and phone numbers. We will use this personal information to help us meet your order; deliver the goods and services to you and to give you the information you need to track your order.
Getting to know you better
We also collect information about our customers and prospective customers to help us get to know you better and to enable us to provide better service.
We will use this information, as well as the other information we collect about you, to improve the quality of our website, as well as improving the personal information we hold about you. This helps us to understand you, so we can send you marketing messages that should be relevant to you (unless you have told us that you do not want to receive marketing material).
We will also put this information (which does not identify you) with other information so that we can use all the information we have to help us understand our customers and prospective customers better, including helping to predict which of our services may be of interest to them. We may share your information with our marketing service providers to help us identify prospective customers.
Please note that we will only send you marketing information about our own products and services and those of our group companies and selected partners, if you have given us permission to do so (you have to tell us if you want us to send you marketing information). We will not sell your information to anyone else, for any reason.
Our service providers
Sometimes we use other service providers to help us provide our services and improve them, including:
- delivering your orders and providing emails or texts to track your order;
- sending marketing material;
- carrying out market research; and
- helping us to analyse anonymous information about customers.
Where we need to share information with our service providers, we give them only the minimum amount they need to provide services to us and you. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you. They are all bound by privacy policies.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publicly available content on social media, always with the aim of improving your service to you.
When using our website
We may collect information about you as you are using our website, such as information about your browser, your location, country you are visiting from, IP address, which areas of our website you visit and what links you click on etc. We may use the information we collect about you, after making it anonymous, to create statistics which we then share with others including ad networks, search engines and providers of analysis services.
If you no longer want to receive marketing information in a particular way, or receive any marketing at all, you can change your mind at any time. You can change your preferences by contacting us, or by using an unsubscribe link at the end of every email we send.
How do we disclose your personal information?
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described
We may disclose your personal information to:
- service providers: contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- business partners: our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- sponsors: our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- authorised third parties: specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you;
- regulatory bodies: the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act); or
- with your consent.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all of the
following may happen:
- We may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all;
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts sales or special promotions; or
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How long will we store data?
The duration we store information varies depending on the purpose for which we collected the data. We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary in keeping with the Privacy Act.
When we no longer require personal information, then we may delete or anonymise your data by deleting the identifying details.
Will your personal information be disclosed outside New Zealand?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information and protect and handle your information with comparable safeguards to that of the Privacy Act 2020.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of New Zealand, including
- data hosting and Cloud-based IT service providers;
- other external service providers located in India, the Philippines, Australia and U.S.; and
- other third parties operating in jurisdictions including China, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Hong Kong and the United States where you have authorised us to do so.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access.
Our website may contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Managing personal information
You control the personal information that you share with us and the communications you receive from us. Importantly:
- you can access and correct your data at any time;
- you can contact us at email@example.com for any privacy questions or concerns;
- you can unsubscribe from any emails or newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” function provided in the email.
1. Access and correct your personal information
Under the Privacy Act you have rights of access and correction to any personal information we hold or process about you. You can contact us at any time using the Privacy Officer contact details below to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or request a correction to that personal information.
If you would like to delete your account or request that Tonic Health delete any other personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below or, where applicable, by using the account edit function provided. If you request it, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless:
- we are legally required to maintain certain personal data, such as to meet our legal,
- tax or accounting purposes;
- where there is an unresolved issue relating to your services you received from us, we will retain data for as long as necessary to resolve the dispute; or
- where you wish to continue receiving services from us.
3. Controlling the data we receive
You can control the information collected when using our online products and services by
managing your browser or device settings. For more information please see our Cookies Policy.
4. Additional Information
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
How will this policy change?
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Tonic Health Stores
Post: 83b Tristram Street, Hamilton